Title

abc tv and doctor who discussion site 

Forums

Forum Home > Doctor Who on the ABC > Doctor Who Thread #3

Tardis001

SM at May 1, 2017 at 1:50 AM

I like Bill, but I find it hard to call her a breath of fresh air. I tend to think she's a little bit of lots of former companions. Clara on the other hand (especially before she jumped in the Doctors time stream- but I still liked her after) was a much more intriguing character.

Clara was stunning, too.  8)

I see what you mean about Bill being a litlle like lots of former companions, but I like her innocence, quick wit and energy.

--

May 1, 2017 at 2:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahJane4Ever

My biggest problem with Clara was because the Moff made the storylines so convoluted surrounding her introuduction that I was never really sure (and still am to this day) whether she was a real girl at all; hence her intrigue...whereas with Bill I am pretty confident that she is a 100% normal human (well at least I hope so!!) and will remain that way.

Every other companion since the reboot has ended up being so structurally compromised physically or temporally that they ended up closer to being an alien like the Doctor! So hang in there Bill.

--

May 1, 2017 at 2:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MaxHR

Also about that one punch attack by the Doctor. we have just had a major camapign

against 'one punch attacks' . In queensland the minimum jail time is 15 years if the person dies.

so the producers of the show should be ashamed, deeply ashamed.

--

May 2, 2017 at 4:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SM
Site Owner
You have a point Max. The show also condoned stealing. It does seem that Doctor Who has moved on from the "kid friendly" show it used to be.
--

May 2, 2017 at 3:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

SM at May 2, 2017 at 3:22 PM

You have a point Max. The show also condoned stealing. It does seem that Doctor Who has moved on from the "kid friendly" show it used to be.

Good point about the one-punch attack, Max. Unless it comes back to haunt him in a future episode in the series.  Perhaps the punch injured his hand which, in turn, slowly triggers his regeneration. Regenerative energy at the end of the series 10 trailer seems to be coming mainly from the Doctor's hand and lower arm, but that may not have any significance in relation to the punch, but you never know.

I'm less concerned about the stealing.  It was Regency England, after all, when there was a lot of poverty and homeless people, and stealing was common.  The Doctor only stole from people who were ripping others off (e.g. the pie maker) and giving the pies to the starving children.  He also faked the last will and testament to allow Perry to inherit the lord's estate, but again, I don't have any problem with that because the lord and his family got their comeuppance.

--

May 2, 2017 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Some great promo pics from the next episode, Knock Knock:

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-knock-knock-promo-pics-84451.htm

--

May 2, 2017 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahJane4Ever

One of my network of UK Whovians told me that they heard that the Diner set which was used towards the end of Series 9 has been rebooked by the production crew for 2 days filming in July....maybe Tardis001 you will be lucky and Clara might appear in the Christmas Special after all...:)

--

May 4, 2017 at 12:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

SarahJane4Ever at May 4, 2017 at 12:17 AM

One of my network of UK Whovians told me that they heard that the Diner set which was used towards the end of Series 9 has been rebooked by the production crew for 2 days filming in July....maybe Tardis001 you will be lucky and Clara might appear in the Christmas Special after all...:)

Excellent news SJ4. Here's hoping that Clara makes a cameo appearance. :P

--

May 4, 2017 at 12:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

Tardis001 at May 4, 2017 at 12:26 AM

SarahJane4Ever at May 4, 2017 at 12:17 AM

Excellent news SJ4. Here's hoping that Clara makes a cameo appearance. :P

That interesting news will brighten up the day of many Whovians (mostly blokes).   8)

--

May 4, 2017 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SM
Site Owner
Certainly made my day! Thanks SJ4E!
--

May 4, 2017 at 2:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

SM at May 4, 2017 at 2:56 AM

Certainly made my day! Thanks SJ4E!

More on yesterday's rumour about Clara, revealed yesterday by SJ4:

http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-clara-2017-christmas-special/

--

May 4, 2017 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SM
Site Owner
Clara coming back would be awesome, so would another return to Gallifrey. But please leave Strax and the lizard woman out of it!
--

May 4, 2017 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

More information about Eps 4 to 7.  Spoilerphobes may want to avoid:

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/more-details-on-episodes-4-7-of-series-10-84543.htm

--

May 5, 2017 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahJane4Ever

SM at May 4, 2017 at 8:49 PM

Clara coming back would be awesome, so would another return to Gallifrey. But please leave Strax and the lizard woman out of it!

Appreciate the point SM.

Strax in small doses is just bearable as his character does become a little wearing after a while.

And as for the Lizard woman? Well, I cant say that cold blooded bescaled creatures are exactly my thing but when her paramour Jenny was 'posing' for a drawing in Deep Breath...well that's another thing entirely. ;)

--

May 5, 2017 at 1:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

SM & SJ4, prepare for some wrath from Photon, one of the Sontaran's greatest fans!  ;)

--

May 5, 2017 at 2:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

Tardis001 at May 5, 2017 at 2:11 AM

SM & SJ4, prepare for some wrath from Photon, one of the Sontaran's greatest fans!  ;)

I wouldn’t go that far Tardy.

But I do find Strax rather amusing.  :)

As for Madame Vastra, for a reptile she has a certain amount of style.

She and Jenny do make a lovely couple don’t they.  8)    

--

May 5, 2017 at 3:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

What is in the Vault?

The answer is closer than you expected.  8)

The new issue of Doctor Who Magazine has confirmed that fans won’t have to wait too long to clear up the mystery of what’s inside the vault.

It will be revealed in Extremis, episode 6 of Series 10, which will premiere 20 May.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-vault-mystery-will-be-revealed-soon-or-youd-go-mad-84511.htm

--

May 5, 2017 at 6:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Photon at May 5, 2017 at 6:42 AM

What is in the Vault?

The answer is closer than you expected.  8)

The new issue of Doctor Who Magazine has confirmed that fans won’t have to wait too long to clear up the mystery of what’s inside the vault.

It will be revealed in Extremis, episode 6 of Series 10, which will premiere 20 May.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-vault-mystery-will-be-revealed-soon-or-youd-go-mad-84511.htm

Beat you to it, Photon.  I posted that link in the "Who's in the Vault" chat box yesterday morning.  :)

--

May 5, 2017 at 7:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

A Kiwi perspective on Peter Capaldi"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/92132529/dr-who-star-peter-capaldi-on-his-celebrity-status-in-nz

--

May 6, 2017 at 1:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Hope the 3D sound works on iView.  If so, get your headphones ready!

http://www.techradar.com/news/is-binaural-audio-the-missing-link-for-mobile-vr

--

May 6, 2017 at 1:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.