A very troubled soul.    :(

--

April 7, 2017 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Photon at April 7, 2017 at 7:51 PM

Tardis001 at April 7, 2017 at 5:27 PM

Poor Mark.  :(

His anguish seemed beyond healing, but did he really jump or was he beyond that too? Was his imagining himself getting out of the boat and floating away, leaving his son on board, a way of telling us he is indeed gone or----? A torturous wait to find out.
April 7, 2017 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

gusset at April 7, 2017 at 8:25 PM

His anguish seemed beyond healing, but did he really jump or was he beyond that too? Was his imagining himself getting out of the boat and floating away, leaving his son on board, a way of telling us he is indeed gone or----? A torturous wait to find out.

I suspect that Mark really did jump out of the boat, rather than just imagine it.  We just have to wait and see if he drowns or is rescued.  I read one online review of the episode this morning which predicted the ever-reliable Ellie on the high seas, rescuing Mark, wrapping a thermal blanket around him, and pouring him a hot cup of tea from her thermos. It's possible but, to me, there seemed to be finality to Mark's story, which I found very powerful. As Photon said, he was a very troubled soul.

--

April 7, 2017 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Tardis001 at April 7, 2017 at 10:10 PM

I suspect that Mark really did jump out of the boat, rather than just imagine it.  We just have to wait and see if he drowns or is rescued.  I read one online review of the episode this morning which predicted the ever-reliable Ellie on the high seas, rescuing Mark, wrapping a thermal blanket around him, and pouring him a hot cup of tea from her thermos. It's possible but, to me, there seemed to be finality to Mark's story, which I found very powerful. As Photon said, he was a very troubled soul.

Mark was standing at the edge of the cliff when his vision appeared of him in the boat with Danny then he stepped out of the boat and floated away, leaving Danny alone. The camera then retreated further and further, giving the impression that Mark was floating out to sea. This is what prompted my question. Have I got all that wrong? I still have it on my hard drive. I'll need to look at it again to see the end.
April 9, 2017 at 4:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MaxHR

did not pass the pub test for me.

if someone kills your son, you get revenge...then you commit hari krishna.

Drowning is a pretty girlie way to go, if he was called Ophelia, maybe.

what was the purpose of that sidetrack to the main plot anyway?

fill in some time, tie up some loose ends? I don't get it

--

April 9, 2017 at 4:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

gusset at April 9, 2017 at 4:16 AM

Tardis001 at April 7, 2017 at 10:10 PM

Mark was standing at the edge of the cliff when his vision appeared of him in the boat with Danny then he stepped out of the boat and floated away, leaving Danny alone. The camera then retreated further and further, giving the impression that Mark was floating out to sea. This is what prompted my question. Have I got all that wrong? I still have it on my hard drive. I'll need to look at it again to see the end.

Yes, I see what you mean, Gussy.  As you say, we'll just have to wait until Friday to find out.

--

April 9, 2017 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

One more episode to go, then we find out who did it.

My money is on the Taxi Driver.

--

April 14, 2017 at 7:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Photon at April 14, 2017 at 7:22 AM

My feeling is that is too obvious.  I suspect Trish is his mother and he was given up for adoption at birth, hence his obsession with her.

My money is on the vicar.

--

April 14, 2017 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Tardis001 at April 14, 2017 at 8:04 PM

Photon at April 14, 2017 at 7:22 AM

My feeling is that is too obvious.  I suspect Trish is his mother and he was given up for adoption at birth, hence his obsession with her.

My money is on the vicar.

My money is on whoever we least suspect.

--

April 14, 2017 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MaxHR

Cliff hanger. i'm wearing out the edge of my bean bag with this series.

Think i'm due to buy a laz-z-boy recliner.

--

April 15, 2017 at 5:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

It’s the Final Episode of Broadchurch tonight.

Two questions will be answered:

(a) Who is the rapist?

(b) Who will David Tennant yell at?    He’s very good at angry yelling isn’t he.  :roll:

--

April 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Photon at April 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM

It’s the Final Episode of Broadchurch tonight.

Two questions will be answered:

(a) Who is the rapist?

(b) Who will David Tennant yell at?    He’s very good at angry yelling isn’t he.  :roll:

(c) What food snack will Ellie be eating on the run?

--

April 20, 2017 at 11:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

What a pathetic excuse for a human being.

They should lock him up for life!   :mad: 

--

April 21, 2017 at 7:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Photon at April 21, 2017 at 7:24 AM

Yes, it was a good ending.  The look of horror and disgust on Ellie's face when interviewing Leo was just priceless.

My rating for Series 3:  4.5 STARS

--

April 21, 2017 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Tardis001 at April 21, 2017 at 6:56 PM

Yes, it was a good ending.  The look of horror and disgust on Ellie's face when interviewing Leo was just priceless.

I agree with your rating Tardy. Do you think the ending (Mark driving away) suggests there might be yet another series for complete resolution?
April 21, 2017 at 7:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

gusset at April 21, 2017 at 7:48 PM

Tardis001 at April 21, 2017 at 6:56 PM

I agree with your rating Tardy. Do you think the ending (Mark driving away) suggests there might be yet another series for complete resolution?

No, I don't think so.  The writer, Chris Chibnall, is about to be the head writer for Doctor Who, and he has already said that the Broadchurch story has come to an end.  I think that leaving Mark to sort out his life is a good ending because it allows the viewer to imagine how it will be resolved.

--

April 24, 2017 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.