Forums

Forum Home > Doctor Who on the ABC > Doctor Who Thread #4

Photon

SM at July 23, 2017 at 10:36 PM

https://youtu.be/oGDbeZ0HJBQ. Christmas trailer

Looks interesting, two Doctors,

plus Bill Potts gets one last hurrah?  8)

--

July 23, 2017 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SM
Site Owner

Tardis001 at July 23, 2017 at 10:50 PM

You beat me my 11 minutes, SM.  Well done.  A surprise inclusion of two people in the cast.

My fingers were working very fast! Yes two very big spoilers in the video. Probably should have added that
--

July 23, 2017 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Pearl Mackie confirms that she will not be returning in Series 11:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-23/pearl-mackie-confirms-that-she-will-not-return-to-doctor-who-beyond-the-christmas-special

--

July 24, 2017 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

SM at July 23, 2017 at 10:54 PM

Tardis001 at July 23, 2017 at 10:50 PM

You beat me my 11 minutes, SM.  Well done.  A surprise inclusion of two people in the cast.

My fingers were working very fast! Yes two very big spoilers in the video. Probably should have added that

I wonder if  "The Captain" in the Christmas trailer is meant to be the father of Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart?  In one of the Doctor Who novels (can't remember which one off the top of my head), the Brigadier's father (yes, I know the Brig was eventually promoted to a General, but I will always remember him as the Brigadier) went missing in action in 1945.  The Brigadier's daughter, Kate, was introduced by Steven Moffat, so it would be a nice touch for the final Moffat episode to introduce his father.  It would also be a nice way for Moffat to pay one final tribute to Nicholas Courtney and to the actor who plays the Captain.

--

July 24, 2017 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KRSPDS

Interesting point Tardis001.

I also wonder if the blonde woman who notices the 12th Doctor trying not to regenerate is supposed to be Polly - last female companion to the 1st Doctor.  Which would make sense if my theory on the timeline (noted in another forum) is correct - that this episode takes place moments before "The Tenth Planet", so in Antarctica just before they enter the base and find the Cybermen for the first time, and just before the 1st Doctor's regeneration.  I thought this because he (the 1st Doctor) went from old but spry to sleeping most of the story (episode) away, so perhaps the events in the Christmas Special "Twice Upon A Time" are what leads to the Doctor's first regeneration.

If you haven't already, you might want to check out the latest news on the BBC Doctor Who site here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/bd1d62f8-38c7-4c22-8c90-f7e2f1f984f5

Anyway it looks interesting and I can hardly wait.

--

There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes. - the 4th Doctor

July 24, 2017 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

KRSPDS at July 24, 2017 at 1:46 AM

Interesting point Tardis001.

I also wonder if the blonde woman who notices the 12th Doctor trying not to regenerate is supposed to be Polly - last female companion to the 1st Doctor.  Which would make sense if my theory on the timeline (noted in another forum) is correct - that this episode takes place moments before "The Tenth Planet", so in Antarctica just before they enter the base and find the Cybermen for the first time, and just before the 1st Doctor's regeneration.  I thought this because he (the 1st Doctor) went from old but spry to sleeping most of the story (episode) away, so perhaps the events in the Christmas Special "Twice Upon A Time" are what leads to the Doctor's first regeneration.

If you haven't already, you might want to check out the latest news on the BBC Doctor Who site here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/bd1d62f8-38c7-4c22-8c90-f7e2f1f984f5

Anyway it looks interesting and I can hardly wait.

Also a good point, K.  I'm certain that the blonde girl is Polly.  Perhaps she takes the apparent ball of regeneration energy from the One to Twelve so that he (Twelve) can complete his regeneration.  Either Twelve doesn't have enough regeneration energy to complete the process, or One forces the the regeneration as a result of Twelve's reluctance to regenerate. Consequently, One becomes older and tired, eventually leading to his own regeneration.

--

July 24, 2017 at 2:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SM
Site Owner
Oooh. I like a good theory! Keep them coming K and Tardis!
--

July 24, 2017 at 3:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KRSPDS

Thanks Tardis001, and another good theory.

I was thinking that the 1st Doctor knew his body was wearing out (like the War Doctor's, or the 11th Doctor's) but was reluctant to regenerate, having never done it before he might have been a little wary or scared of the process.  Then he encounters the 12th Doctor who is desperate not to regenerate.  The running around they did led to the 1st Doctor's body becoming so frail he would soon have no choice to regenerate, and the 1st Doctor may accept this leading to the 12th Doctor also accepting that it is either regenerate or die.  In the trailer iI thought it was the 12th Doctor's regeneration energy that "Polly" notices, so perhaps she takes or gets the 12th Doctor to give some to the 1st Doctor, delaying his regeneration until after they have dealt with the Cybermen.

If my timeline theory is correct, it would also explain how the Mondasian Cybermen found Earth and came to be there - they followed the TARDIS ...or Nardole followed and the Cybermen followed Nardole.

--

There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes. - the 4th Doctor

July 24, 2017 at 3:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

If you have a few minutes to spare, checkout Peter Capaldi's speech to  San Diego Comic-Con conference.

He gets a standing ovation.  8)

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/watch-the-2017-doctor-who-comic-con-panel-85988.htm

--

July 24, 2017 at 7:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

KRSPDS at July 24, 2017 at 3:40 AM

Thanks Tardis001, and another good theory.

I was thinking that the 1st Doctor knew his body was wearing out (like the War Doctor's, or the 11th Doctor's) but was reluctant to regenerate, having never done it before he might have been a little wary or scared of the process.  Then he encounters the 12th Doctor who is desperate not to regenerate.  The running around they did led to the 1st Doctor's body becoming so frail he would soon have no choice to regenerate, and the 1st Doctor may accept this leading to the 12th Doctor also accepting that it is either regenerate or die.  In the trailer iI thought it was the 12th Doctor's regeneration energy that "Polly" notices, so perhaps she takes or gets the 12th Doctor to give some to the 1st Doctor, delaying his regeneration until after they have dealt with the Cybermen.

If my timeline theory is correct, it would also explain how the Mondasian Cybermen found Earth and came to be there - they followed the TARDIS ...or Nardole followed and the Cybermen followed Nardole.

Another good theory, K.  Well done.

I just assumed that the Doctor who "Polly" was observing was One because it looked like he was wearing a light grey waistcoat.  But I could be wrong.

--

July 24, 2017 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Photon at July 24, 2017 at 7:14 AM

If you have a few minutes to spare, checkout Peter Capaldi's speech to  San Diego Comic-Con conference.

He gets a standing ovation.  8)

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/watch-the-2017-doctor-who-comic-con-panel-85988.htm

July 24, 2017 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.