Forums

Forum Home > ABC TV & General Discussion > Death Comes To Pemberley

Patch
Administrator

As a huge fan of Jane Austen, and especially Pride and Prejudice, I approached this with trepidation and not a lot of expectation. But I'm also a big fan of P. D. James, so I thought what the heck, I will give it a go............

I'm sorry to say that the first episode was truly awful! There are some great actors cast in this series, but the story and plot are woeful and contrived.

I'm afraid I won't be re-visiting Pemberley again, except when I'm re-reading P and P . :(

--

November 28, 2014 at 7:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

I agree Patch.

Death Came To Pemberley was a slow as a wet week and a waste of talent.   sleepy

--

November 28, 2014 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

I don't know how anyone can judge a drama mini-series in a fair manner until the whole story has been aired.  So I'm reserving my judgement until the end, but what I saw last night I enjoyed.

At least we've been introduced to another Clara Oswald echo.  I wonder when The Doctor will turn up?  Keep you eyes peeled for a blue box in the woods.

--

November 28, 2014 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

Tardis001 at November 28, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I don't know how anyone can judge a drama mini-series in a fair manner until the whole story has been aired.  So I'm reserving my judgement until the end, but what I saw last night I enjoyed.

At least we've been introduced to another Clara Oswald echo.  I wonder when The Doctor will turn up?  Keep you eyes peeled for a blue box in the woods.

Sorry Tardis, its not a Dr Who Spin-Off.  rolling eyes

No doubt that would liven up the show, either that add some Vampires or Devil Worshipping Lesbians.    tongue

--

November 28, 2014 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Patch
Administrator

Don't you? If it's terrible, it's terrible. Easy.

--

November 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dogged

I watched for about 10 mins and turned over to Have I Got News For You, much better :).  I'm not an Austen fan at all but have only recently read the book and didn't particularly enjoy it either.  But I'm not big on PD James really :).

November 29, 2014 at 1:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Avalon

Patch at November 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Don't you? If it's terrible, it's terrible. Easy.

Agree. I lasted about 7 minutes !!!   'orrid  in my opinion..........................   :(

November 29, 2014 at 3:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

As a fan of Jane Austen who enjoyed both versions of Pride and Prejudice I could not quite reconcile this first instalment with either author.  It left me wondering if the fault lay with the screenwriter/s.  I have not read the  P. D. James book, but her writing is usually better than what this showed, and it certainly lacked the elegance of Jane Austen's time.

It was a fitting gesture of the ABC to put the In Memoriam to P.D.James before the show since she had just died the previous day.

November 29, 2014 at 6:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.