Q&A Special: Malcolm Turnbull.

On ABC TV tonight at 8pm.

--

November 7, 2018 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

Photon at November 7, 2018 at 9:07 PM

My Foxtel watching neighbour claims that Turnbull was an ALP spy planted in the Liberal Party to sabotage it!

Andrew Bolt told him so!   :roll:

--

November 7, 2018 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Photon at November 7, 2018 at 9:09 PM

My Foxtel watching neighbour claims that Turnbull was an ALP spy planted in the Liberal Party to sabotage it!

I think the Liberal Party is sabotaging itself very nicely, with or without Malcolm Turnbull.  

--

November 7, 2018 at 9:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Tardis001 at November 7, 2018 at 9:16 PM

I think the Liberal Party is sabotaging itself very nicely, with or without Malcolm Turnbull.  

Yes, but Mark Latham was a Conservative spy to sabotage the Labor Party. ;)

--

November 7, 2018 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

Rumpole at November 7, 2018 at 9:27 PM

Tardis001 at November 7, 2018 at 9:16 PM

Yes, but Mark Latham was a Conservative spy to sabotage the Labor Party. ;)

I thought Latham was an old fashioned nut job!   :P

--

November 7, 2018 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MaxHR

well we never got the answer we wanted. Why they dumped him.
he threw it straight back onto the conspirators,-dutton abbott, corman etc.

ask them he said.

--

November 8, 2018 at 6:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

MaxHR at November 8, 2018 at 6:19 AM

ask them he said.

It doesn't take much to work it out.

He was killed by climate change deniers.

--

November 8, 2018 at 6:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

Rumpole at November 8, 2018 at 6:31 AM

ask them he said.

" He was killed by climate change deniers. "

In particular Tony Abbott helped by Andrew Bolt's crew on Fox.

--

November 8, 2018 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Photon at November 8, 2018 at 9:12 PM

Rumpole at November 8, 2018 at 6:31 AM

ask them he said.

" He was killed by climate change deniers. "

In particular Tony Abbott helped by Andrew Bolt's crew on Fox.

... and by Distinguished Professor Craig "Fossil Fuels Make Us Safe from Climate Change" Kelly:   :/

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/nov/09/craig-kelly-mocks-climate-change-exaggeration-in-presentation-to-liberal-party-members

--

November 8, 2018 at 9:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MaxHR

Line of duty.

final ep last night

what are the writers smoking???

talk about jumping the shark....

--

November 9, 2018 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
Two sides against the middle. How corruption works. A nice tidy ending. I wonder if there will be another series.
November 10, 2018 at 4:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001
Four Corners was excellent last night. My impression from watching it is that both Milne & Guthrie weren't up to the job. I also got the impression that neither of them were telling the complete truth about events that led to their dismissals. Both appeared in a state of denial about their shortfalls. A difficult assignment for Sarah Ferguson, but she pulled it off really well. Bravo!
--

November 12, 2018 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Tardis001 at November 12, 2018 at 4:08 PM

Four Corners was excellent last night. My impression from watching it is that both Milne & Guthrie weren't up to the job. I also got the impression that neither of them were telling the complete truth about events that led to their dismissals. Both appeared in a state of denial about their shortfalls. A difficult assignment for Sarah Ferguson, but she pulled it off really well. Bravo!

Yes, I agree with that.

I also wonder about Guthrie's harrassment charge against Milne.

Is this the "Me too" fallback position for any woman sacked by a man these days ?

It's an easy allegation to make, coming up with substantiation is another thing.

--

November 12, 2018 at 4:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Rumpole at November 12, 2018 at 4:52 PM

Yes, I agree with that.

Is this the "Me too" fallback position for any woman sacked by a man these days ?

It's an easy allegation to make, coming up with substantiation is another thing.

Matt Peacock was interviewed on ABC Breakfast this morning and gave a good response to the sexual harrasment claim. Matt was on the ABC Board as the representative of ABC staff.  When asked if he saw Milne touch Guthrie inappropriately at the end of a board meeting, he said no, but as a representative of ABC staff, he was too busy talking privately to individual board members about the effects of financial cuts on the morale of ABC staff than to be on the lookout for "roaming hands".  :)

--

November 12, 2018 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001
A good opinion piece from The Guardian about last night's Four Corners episode and the two main protagonists: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/nov/13/good-riddance-to-guthrie-and-milne-the-abc-needs-grown-ups-in-charge
--

November 12, 2018 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Tardis001 at November 12, 2018 at 6:34 PM

A good opinion piece from The Guardian about last night's Four Corners episode and the two main protagonists: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/nov/13/good-riddance-to-guthrie-and-milne-the-abc-needs-grown-ups-in-charge

Surely there are good people within the ABC itself who would have the qualifications to be MD ?

I don't see why they always have to go for outsiders, someone who knows the organisation from inside would seem a better bet imo.

--

November 12, 2018 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Tardis001 at November 12, 2018 at 6:10 PM

Rumpole at November 12, 2018 at 4:52 PM

Yes, I agree with that.

Matt Peacock was interviewed on ABC Breakfast this morning and gave a good response to the sexual harrasment claim. Matt was on the ABC Board as the representative of ABC staff.  When asked if he saw Milne touch Guthrie inappropriately at the end of a board meeting, he said no, but as a representative of ABC staff, he was too busy talking privately to individual board members about the effects of financial cuts on the morale of ABC staff than to be on the lookout for "roaming hands".  :)

I agree totally with Tardy's assessment of 4Corners last night.  Neither of them was telling the complete truth and neither performed well in their respective positions.  A completely new Board is required, and a new Managing Director. Also better funding to restore the ABC to what the National Broadcaster should and could be.

My compliments to Sarah Ferguson who did a great job in a very difficult situation. 

November 12, 2018 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Australian Story last night regarding Tim Fischer and his son.

It looks like it could be a sad end for a much loved politician (and there certainly aren't many of those).

--

November 12, 2018 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.