Forums

Forum Home > Doctor Who on the ABC > Expense Claims

Tardis001

I have the perfect plan to fund a family trip to Cardiff to see the Doctor Who Experience Exhibits.  Reading and commenting about Doctor Who is work-related (i.e. I spend some of my work time doing this, even though it is not connected with earning an income).  Visiting the original exhibit would give me a better insight into the content of online discussions of Doctor Who.  This in turn would make my contributions to Doctor Who discussions during work time more productive. Therefore, my employer should pay for my overrseas trip.

Of course, I can't leave my family behind in Australia for such an extended period of time while I'm overseas.  It is likely to cause family disharmony, which in turn would affect my concentration in the work environment when I return.  To prevent that from happening, my employer should pay for all of my family to travel with me to Cardiff.

We need to fly FIRST CLASS so that we are well-fed and well-rested upon arriving in Cardiff.  We don't want to be sleep-deprived or under-nourished at either end of the journey because we have important work to do afterwards.  Same applies to hotel accommodation - a well-rested family (at least 6-star hotel accommodation) guarantees a more alert mind.  Helicopter flights between Heathrow and Cardiff are essential so that more time can be spent on the fact-finding mission to the Doctor Who Experience exhibit.

I wonder if they have fireworks at Cardiff on New Years Eve?  I think I'll book the family trip from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day, even though the family will not have time to see the fireworks because of work commitments in Cardiff.

--

August 8, 2015 at 1:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

All very well, as long as you are self employed !

--

August 8, 2015 at 1:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Rumpole at August 8, 2015 at 1:14 AM

All very well, as long as you are self employed !

... or a politician.

--

August 8, 2015 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

Hey !

I distinctly recall hearing Joe say that the Age of Entitlement is Over !     :D

--

August 8, 2015 at 4:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.