Forums

Forum Home > Doctor Who on the ABC > The Honourable Woman

Tardis001

I enjoyed the 1st episode last night. Full of suspense and intrigue.  More questions than answers by the end of last night's episode.

--

August 20, 2015 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

I'm surpised that no one else has commented on this drama series.  Frankly, I think the 1st two episodes have been brilliant!

--

August 28, 2015 at 1:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

I saw part of the first episode last week, but it didn't light my fire.  :/

--

August 28, 2015 at 1:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Photon at August 28, 2015 at 1:09 AM

I saw part of the first episode last week, but it didn't light my fire.  :/

I think you need to watch the episodes in their entirety.  There are lots of twists and turns.

--

August 28, 2015 at 3:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

redscorpio

The Honourable Woman is written and directed by Hans Blick who did The Shadow Line a while back. I really liked the Shadow Line and so far The Honourable Woman is proving to be its equal. As stated above, lots of twists and turns and no real idea of who are the goodies and baddies!

August 28, 2015 at 3:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Agree with the above.  So many twists and turns there's no telling who is what.

One nice thing was seeing Kathryn Parkinson again.  It will be interesting to see how long she lasts.Two episodes and three deaths already. 

August 28, 2015 at 4:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

redscorpio

Katherine Parkinson is also starring in Humans on ABC2. it's a remake of the Swedish series Real Humans but definitely has its own spin on things.

August 28, 2015 at 4:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

gusset at August 28, 2015 at 4:11 AM

Agree with the above.  So many twists and turns there's no telling who is what.

One nice thing was seeing Kathryn Parkinson again.  It will be interesting to see how long she lasts.Two episodes and three deaths already. 

Yes, I agree with your comments about Kathryn Parkinson.  I always enjoy her acting. Considering her character's advanced condition, emotive behaviour, all-round innocence (or is she? It's hard to tell in this story) and the things that are going on behind her back, I wouldn't be surprised if her character joins the list of the dead before too long.

--

August 28, 2015 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

After watching last night's episode, The Honourable Woman is fast becoming the best TV drama series I've seen in a long time.  I know I keep on saying it, but there are so many twists and turns in the plot, and last night's episode was no exception, even though it was a bit gruesome.  Who would have predicted the events of the last 15 minutes of this episode?  Can't wait to see next week's episode, the story is so gripping.

--

September 3, 2015 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Tardis001 at September 3, 2015 at 6:23 PM

After watching last night's episode, The Honourable Woman is fast becoming the best TV drama series I've seen in a long time.  I know I keep on saying it, but there are so many twists and turns in the plot, and last night's episode was no exception, even though it was a bit gruesome.  Who would have predicted the events of the last 15 minutes of this episode?  Can't wait to see next week's episode, the story is so gripping.

I couldn't agree more.  Do you know who belongs to what?  I don't and wonder if I missed that bit in the first episode by falling asleep.

Many of the cast must certainly have only short contracts!

September 3, 2015 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

gusset at September 3, 2015 at 8:58 PM

I couldn't agree more.  Do you know who belongs to what?  I don't and wonder if I missed that bit in the first episode by falling asleep.

No, I don't think you have missed anything, Gussy.  I'm guessing that the kidnapped boy is Nessa Stein's son, as a result of being raped by the guy with the burnt face during captivity in the Middle East.  I think the housekeeper (Atika) gave her toothbrush to the police for DNA testing, instead of her "son's" toothbrush, in last night's episode so that the police would conclude that she was the mother (not Nessa), as well as discounting Ephra Stein as the biological father. But I could be completely wrong. 

I would like to know who are the goodies and who are the baddies in this drama.  I suppose we will find out in due course as more characters are killed off.

--

September 3, 2015 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Tardis001 at September 3, 2015 at 9:38 PM

gusset at September 3, 2015 at 8:58 PM

No, I don't think you have missed anything, Gussy.  I'm guessing that the kidnapped boy is Nessa Stein's son, as a result of being raped by the guy with the burnt face during captivity in the Middle East.  I think the housekeeper (Atika) gave her toothbrush to the police for DNA testing, instead of her "son's" toothbrush, in last night's episode so that the police would conclude that she was the mother (not Nessa), as well as discounting Ephra Stein as the biological father. But I could be completely wrong. 

I would like to know who are the goodies and who are the baddies in this drama.  I suppose we will find out in due course as more characters are killed off.

I'm thinking much the same as you as to what has happened so far, but it's the goodies/baddies/whatever that is so puzzling. I haven''t heard any organisation, militant group or anything else actually named so who is killing whom and why?  One wonders if there will be anyone left in the final episode!  Six corpses in three episodes is not reassuring.

September 3, 2015 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Patch
Administrator

I've given this show a good try, but it does nothing for me. It's a shame as I am a huge fan of Stephen Rea and Katherine Parkinson, but Maggie Gyllenhaal just annoys me. The story is so convoluted and puzzling, I don't like any of the characters, I am giving up.

--

September 4, 2015 at 3:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

This drama series has obviously divided the ABC Whovian community!  I still think it is the best drama series I've seen in a long time, and the convoluted and puzzling story is one of the drawcards for me.  But I appreciate that others may find that off-putting. 

--

September 4, 2015 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Another brilliant episode last night - more of an explanation of events to date, rather than more twists and turns and killings.  I enjoyed learning more about Efra's character in this episode.

--

September 10, 2015 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Anyone watch The Honourable Woman last night?  Another fantastic episode, if not a bit harrowing to watch.  A tragic ending to this episode, but more interesting twists and turns in the lead up to the end, especially in relation to the spies on all sides.

Patch says that she doesn't like the characters and I can understand what she means.  All the main characters are fairly unloveable really (except Efra's wife played by Katherine Parkinson) because they are all damaged people.  But I think this is what makes the story interesting, that and the espionage.

Only one more episode left and I have absolutely no idea how it's going to end.  I read somewhere that it has a surprise ending, which doesn't surprise me, every episode so far has had a surpise ending.

--

September 24, 2015 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Tardis001 at September 24, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Anyone watch The Honourable Woman last night?  Another fantastic episode, if not a bit harrowing to watch.  A tragic ending to this episode, but more interesting twists and turns in the lead up to the end, especially in relation to the spies on all sides.

Patch says that she doesn't like the characters and I can understand what she means.  All the main characters are fairly unloveable really (except Efra's wife played by Katherine Parkinson) because they are all damaged people.  But I think this is what makes the story interesting, that and the espionage.

Only one more episode left and I have absolutely no idea how it's going to end.  I read somewhere that it has a surprise ending, which doesn't surprise me, every episode so far has had a surpise ending.

Yes, I watched it, and I agree with all you say.  They are a ruthless lot under their benign exteriors.  A  human life means nothing to them, they almost all seem to be expendable.

The surprise ending , I think, would be if no one else is murdered or commits suicide when ordered to do so, but I also think that is most unlikely.

BTW, did you hear the information after the credits rolled?  Next week's episode is moved to 9.30pm.    

September 24, 2015 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Yes, I did hear that news about the later starting time.  Just checked the ABC TV guide for that night and at 8.30 pm there is just has a repeat documentary (The Real Mary Poppins).  So I suspect that the 9.30 pm start to The Honourable Woman means that it is suitable for viewing only by an adult audience.

--

September 24, 2015 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Tardis001 at September 24, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Yes, I did hear that news about the later starting time.  Just checked the ABC TV guide for that night and at 8.30 pm there is just has a repeat documentary (The Real Mary Poppins).  So I suspect that the 9.30 pm start to The Honourable Woman means that it is suitable for viewing only by an adult audience.

Hardly a suitable lead up to the "surprise" finale---which will probably not be a good preparation for going to bed! 

September 24, 2015 at 11:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redscorpio

It must be a double episode next week if it is the finale. Last night's was only episode 6 out of 8 according to the Guardian website. The recaps on that website are worth a look and they help explain exactly what is going on!

Looking forward to Peaky Blinders on ABC2 on Monday night as well...

September 25, 2015 at 4:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.