Forums

Forum Home > Doctor Who on the ABC > The Honourable Woman

Tardis001

redscorpio at September 25, 2015 at 4:40 AM

It must be a double episode next week if it is the finale. Last night's was only episode 6 out of 8 according to the Guardian website. The recaps on that website are worth a look and they help explain exactly what is going on!

Looking forward to Peaky Blinders on ABC2 on Monday night as well...

Just rechecked the ABC TV guide.  Although the voice-over at the end of last Thursday's episode said that next week was the final episode, that is in fact incorrect.  Next week's episode (1 October) is on at 9.30 pm (as already discussed), but the final episode is on the following week (8 October).

Thanks for pointing out the reviews of each episode on the Guardian website, redscorpio.

--

September 25, 2015 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

SPOILER ALERT -  LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE

Wow, last night's episode was the best yet.  Absolutely jaw-dropping!

Efra - dead.

Nessa - feared dead, but probably not.

Efra's assassin - dead, and look who killed him!

Attica - arrested.

Efra's wife gives birth at the murder scene.

It looks like everyone in the spy agencies except Sir Hugh is hiding something. 

Bomb blast on the West Bank.  And was that Nessa's young son watching on from a distance?

--

October 1, 2015 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

What did others think of this week's episode?  Any non-spoilery thoughts on how the series may end next week?

--

October 2, 2015 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redscorpio

I suspect Nessa will emerge relatively unscathed but Atika, not so much.  Not too many left to bump off now anyway after this weeks episode!

I also watched the beginning of Secret State last night and there was poor old Tobias Menzies (Nessa's bodyguard), killed in the first 10 minutes. He is fast becoming the Sean Bean of his generation, destined to be killed off in every role he plays!

October 2, 2015 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Last night's final episode didn't quite finish the way I expected, but the series was stille extremely good.  Great to see Sir Hugh get his Vice Chancellorship at Oxford University and for Monica to get her just deserts (despite the gruesome way she met her fate).  Atika is transformed from villain to tragic heroine.  But what I enjoyed the most about the series as a whole were all the twists and turns in the international spy games.

I'm giving this series 4.5 stars out of 5.  

I hope there is a follow-on 2nd series.

--

October 8, 2015 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Did any one else see the final episode?  If so, I'd be interested to hear what you thought about it.

--

October 10, 2015 at 12:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.