Click here to edit title

abc tv and doctor who discussion site 

Forums

Forum Home > Doctor Who on the ABC > Mystery Places Eighteen

Rumpole

Sorry I mentioned it !

I agree it's a lot more commercial these days.

Not Currowan I'm afraid, around halfway.

--

January 2, 2019 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
Sorry about the eyestrain I caused you reading all my spray. I have not yet found an answer to your clue. The best I can do is either Mandemar /Mandarin or Mangoola/ Mangoes, neither of which fulfils the criteria. Three phone calls have delayed me so I'm still looking for Avocado, Apricot, C(K)umquat and Satsuma. Is the answer a singular item or in the plural, please?
January 2, 2019 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Mangoes is correct and the town also starts with M , but it's not one of the ones you mentioned.

--

January 2, 2019 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
Memagong would fit if there was to be rearrangement, ie delete m and change g to s. Any use?
January 3, 2019 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

I apologise, I should have said rearrangement was needed.

Memagong is correct, well done and over to you.

--

January 3, 2019 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
I've done that too often myself to deserve an apology. My head gets ahead of my hand then I go from there. Change two letters of the seven of this place, rearrange slightly to discover a strange animal wandering around.
January 3, 2019 at 2:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Crudine e(o) d(n) -> unicorn ?

--

January 3, 2019 at 2:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
Sorry, not a unicorn.
January 3, 2019 at 3:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Gilmore m(l) e(a) -> gorilla ?

--

January 3, 2019 at 3:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
Not a gorilla either I'm afraid. Wrong continent.
January 3, 2019 at 4:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Tahmoor o(s) o(e) -> hamster ?

--

January 3, 2019 at 4:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
Try the top of the ABC.
January 3, 2019 at 5:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Carlton l(c) t(o) -> raccoon ?

--

January 3, 2019 at 5:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
The animal is right but the place is wrong. Go up a bit further.
January 3, 2019 at 5:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Arakoon k(c) a(c) -> raccoon ?

--

January 3, 2019 at 5:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
That's the one. A good ending to the day. Have you been enjoying the cricket? Did you watch the Tattoo? What did you think of it? Goodnight Rumpy.
January 3, 2019 at 6:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Thank you and good morning Gussy.

I don't know about "enjoying" the cricket, it's been rather slow and not heading our way result wise.

I didn't watch the Tattoo, I just saw it on iView and thought I would draw you attention to it. Didn't a Tattoo tour Australia this year ?

Anyway, back to the clues.

Change two of the same letter to two of another letter to find a mineral in this 7 letter town.

--

January 3, 2019 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
Good morning Rumpy. From what I've heard of the cricket in the News I gather you and Tardy are not smiling like your emojis. India is certainly rubbing salt in the wounds of the Aussie team. Re the tattoo, I have seen one ad on screen saying the tattoo was coming, complete with a replica background of the castle, but I can't recall any date being mentioned, maybe because I wasn't very interested!! To the clue; Please may I ask if the two letters are together or separate in each case and they replace each other?
January 3, 2019 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

The letters replace each other, but they are separated in the word.

--

January 3, 2019 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset
Since I got an email from notifications@webs.com on7.12.2018 welcoming me to the community I thought I would try to reply. I told them I was Gusset and explained about my new computer and tablet and that only my email address had been changed I asked them to rectify the problem then pressed Send. A message appeared above telling me to correct or cancel the address before sending. I tried changing notifications to contact but the same message appeared. What do you think of all that? I've kept the draft meantime in case I can use it later. This is a second attempt to send this to you. When I pressed Post as usual there was a message about being unable to access this site so I clicked the back arrow and that resulted in my getting back to the page but minus my original post.. Some funny goings on?
January 3, 2019 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.