Click here to edit title

abc tv and doctor who discussion site 

Forums

Forum Home > ABC Whovians Site Feedback > Monthly Update

sm
Site Owner

G'Day Whovians and non Whovians alike.

Thought I might start, on a monthly basis (provided I remember), to give you all a snapshot of how the site is going, as far as statistics go. March has been an excellent month, with daily visitor numbers normally exceeding 100. It has probably been our best month ever, with alot of new interest in the site because of the upcoming Doctor Who series. We've also snared quite alot of new members (20 new members in March), mainly through bribery (Click on this thread, which got lots of google hits, to see what I mean: http://www.abcwhovians.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8675137-airdate-doctor-who-series-7-part-2-abc1-2013)

In other news: Rumpole suggested that the number of posts listed in the Recent Forum Posts section of the sidebar be increased. I put this idea directly to the provider, and the only response I have recieved back is "We appreciate your feedback on the recent posts feature. However, we do not have any plans currently to change that sidebar module." If you want to put pressure on webs.com to change their mind click here: http://support.webs.com/webs/topics/why_cant_i_add_more_recent_forum_posts

Enjoy the long weekend, and don't forget to have your tele locked to ABC1 on Sunday night!

March 29, 2013 at 5:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tardis001

Thanks for keeping us informed SM.  It's encouraging that the website is a truly international one, even though it has a strong Australian flavour.  Congratulations!

--

March 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sm
Site Owner

Thought it was worth adding that we set a new Visitor number record yesterday (based on some American timezone that runs from 6pm- 6pm Australian Eastern Standard daylight saving time) of 207, only to be blitzed today with 283 visitors (spending 12 hrs and 25 mins on the site) today!

Wonder if we can break that record after the new episode of Who shows tonight!

March 31, 2013 at 3:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rumpole

Great to see membership increasing SM, you deserve it.

If the current web provider is being recalcitrant, are there others you can use ?

Rumpole

--

March 31, 2013 at 3:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sm
Site Owner

Rumpole at March 31, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Great to see membership increasing SM, you deserve it.

If the current web provider is being recalcitrant, are there others you can use ?

Rumpole

Might look around Rumpole, but I've still got over a year left on my dot com subscription, so wont be moving anywhere too soon unless it is really good!

In the meantime, if anyone knows anyone who works in website design, I could do a custom html module in the sidebar, to make my own recent forum posts module to replace the webs.com one. I've fooled around with it but have failed miserably. Not that I can really afford to pay anyone to do it!

OR... keep pestering webs to do it for us. Just post a message on this forum saying you agree that at least ten posts need to be listed in the Recent Forum Posts http://support.webs.com/webs/topics/why_cant_i_add_more_recent_forum_posts

April 1, 2013 at 3:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sm
Site Owner

Site stats for the last 4 weeks below.

We started the period off fantastic, with a new record of near 300 visits a day over the weekend prior to the Doctor Who premiere on 31st March. Visitor numbers have dropped off in the last few weeks, back to our normal level of just over 100 visitors a day. The major interest from google searchers has been new series Doctor Who, and huge numbers looking for information on the recent "Lords of Time" Convention that was posted in Sonic's blog.

April 26, 2013 at 3:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.