Click here to edit title

abc tv and doctor who discussion site 

Forums

Forum Home > ABC Whovians Site Feedback > Spam Email

sm
Site Owner

I have been made aware that my email address has been hacked and susicious looking spam email has been sent to my contacts. If you have receieved such email from ABC WHOVIANS I am very sorry. Please delete any emails from ABC WHOVIANS that contain suspicious looking links. Once again I am sorry,

SM

April 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Patch
Administrator

Oh no SM, what a pain for you. Thanks for the warning.

--

April 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Indy 33

Yes, I received the same message - something about them picking up some unauthorised activity ( on Sunday the 7th ),regarding my Yahoo account with an IP originating in Russia.

Bizarre but not too concerned -what's the worst they can do??

Insult someone on the Whovians website, pretending to be me? :o

But just in case this happens, you'll know why...

April 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

Only one way to handle Spam............

--

April 9, 2013 at 6:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sm
Site Owner

Spoken like a true cyberman photon

April 9, 2013 at 6:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sm
Site Owner

Speaking of cybermen.......... was talking to my almost 4 yr old this afternoon about her uncle Simon and she said "Uncle cyberman?". Whovian in the making!

April 9, 2013 at 6:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Patch
Administrator

sm at April 9, 2013 at 6:09 AM

Speaking of cybermen.......... was talking to my almost 4 yr old this afternoon about her uncle Simon and she said "Uncle cyberman?". Whovian in the making!

Hahaha, awww, that's brilliant! :D

--

April 9, 2013 at 7:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AnnaLyze.

Report Text Message Spam to 7726

--

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.

~ Kurt Vonnegut.

April 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Yesterday I received an email from Zilandria Desmond, "a fair girl in Rwanda" who addressed me as "my dearest" and wished to be my dear friend. She found me via Whovians.  It was in my Inbox and I opened it accidentally.

Has she contacted anyone else? 

April 30, 2014 at 1:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Patch
Administrator

Sorry Gusset, yes we all got one. I think it's the same spammer as we had a few months back. She has been removed from the site now, so just delete the message she sent you.

--

April 30, 2014 at 1:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AnnaLyze.

Well, I didn't immediately take the cynical, zenophobic response to this email as others obviously had, and after some back and forth communication I established a lovely friendship with this engaging young girl who simply wants to become involved in genuine correspondence and interaction with like minded people outside Rwanda.
But found to my painful disbelief that she'd been cruelly deleted from this site!

--

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.

~ Kurt Vonnegut.

April 30, 2014 at 8:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AnnaLyze.

It's a shame because I was fascinated by her idea to improve the conditions of the poor in Rwanda by investing all her money in my bank account to keep it safe from those who would take it from her.
If only I was able to give her my bank account details before she was deleted, things may have improved in Rwanda.

--

~ Kurt Vonnegut.

April 30, 2014 at 8:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gusset

Patch at April 30, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Sorry Gusset, yes we all got one. I think it's the same spammer as we had a few months back. She has been removed from the site now, so just delete the message she sent you.

Thanks Patch.  I suspected it right away but was curious about her finding me via this site.  The email will be gone ASAP. 

April 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sm
Site Owner

AnnaLyze. at April 30, 2014 at 8:13 AM

It's a shame because I was fascinated by her idea to improve the conditions of the poor in Rwanda by investing all her money in my bank account to keep it safe from those who would take it from her.
If only I was able to give her my bank account details before she was deleted, things may have improved in Rwanda.

Lol. Post/s of the week
April 30, 2014 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.