Click here to edit title

abc tv and doctor who discussion site 

Forums

Forum Home > Doctor Who on the ABC > Doctor Who Thread #2

sm
Site Owner

The Doctor Who General Discussion Thread has regenerated!

Please post all your comments on Doctor Who in this thread, including discussion of Series 7 and the 50th anniversary special/s.

To view posts from the first incarnation of the Doctor Who General Discussion thread go to: http://www.abcwhovians.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7385203-doctor-who-general-discussion

--

May 17, 2013 at 3:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

So the last post was blown by Faery.   thumbs up

--

May 17, 2013 at 4:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sm
Site Owner

Photon at May 17, 2013 at 4:27 AM

So the last post was blown by Faery.   thumbs up

Yes congratulations Ms faery!

May 17, 2013 at 4:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sm
Site Owner

May 17, 2013 at 5:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Patch
Administrator

We used up the whole internet?  surprise

--

May 17, 2013 at 6:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Avalon

Patch at May 17, 2013 at 6:07 AM

We used up the whole internet?  surprise

BLIMEY  !!!!!!!     
thinking

May 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SonicR
Administrator

Review of Nightmare in Silver is up. Got a lot to say about the episode, it's quite possibly the longest review I've written yet!

--

SonicR - sticking up for Matt Smith, Steven Moffat and the current production team!

May 18, 2013 at 3:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

If you can't get enough of our favourite Sontaran,

check out the  “Strax Field Report”

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/strax-field-report-the-name-of-the-doctor-49390.htm

Note: Its spoiler free.  cool

--

May 18, 2013 at 4:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sm
Site Owner

Note: Its spoiler free.

And quite funny!

May 18, 2013 at 6:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Madman In a Box

Right... Well my prediction for the 'Clara Conundrum' and the Name of the Doctor is this:

(Also this should be noted that this is based on my own wishful thinking and most likely will not happen...)

But using the data presented to me so far, I predict that Clara is a human being who was engineered or captured and spread throughout the Doctor's timeline by the Time Lords, with the sole purpose of leading hi

to and helping him to survive the fields of tranzalore, where the Doctor’s greatest secret will be revealed, namely (If you’ll excuse the pun) what he did in the Time War and how he killed the Daleks and Time Lords. The fields of Tranzalore are also the site of a tiny tiny crack in the fabric of space and time, where it’s possible to breach the Time Lock and access the Time War. However the Doctor knew this when he ended the Time War and therefore to stop himself from the temptation of going there and trying to resurrect his people he put a lock on it that required him to give up his greatest and most abhorred secret to access it and then removed all knowledge of Tranzalore from his mind.

The Silence, who have been taken over by the Great Intelligence or perhaps were always controlled by him from the shadows, have the aim of not only stopping the Doctor, but stoping the return of the Time Lords. To that extent they have been trying to hunt the doctor and prevent him from reaching Tranzalore and revealing his secret. They have enlisted the help of the nefarious Whispermen to defend Tranzalore and stop the Doctor there.

Thus the series finale ends with the silence defeated and the Time Lords coming back. But It probably wont happen at all sadly. I just hope that the Time Lords do return one day in the new series, the interaction of the Doctor and his people was a great part of the Classic series.

Well anyway, I'm sure it will be a fantastic episode and a great story, although I'm worried how good it will be, just being a single episode, I'm confident that Moffat will still carry off a fantastic series finale.

Madman Out!

--

Think about me when you're living your life one day after another, all in a neat pattern. Think about the homeless traveller in his old police box, his days like crazy paving. (The Seventh Doctor in Farewell to Ace)

May 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ducktr who?

Oh, I like Madman's prediction. Anything to bringh back the Timelords for the 50th, really.

But here's my less well though out prediction.

The Doctor's greatest secret is that he is the leader of the Silence. He brought about the Order, knowing if one day he was foced to reveal his secret they would bring cause Silence to fall. On the other hand I think Clara is a product of The Great Intelligence. Like the nasty Ice lady in the Snowmen, she has been constructed from memories, in this case the memories of the Doctor. This explains why Clara tells the Doctor not just to run but to remember. The Doctor remembering her is critical to her being recreated. I also think that maybe she has been constructed by the GI from the composite memories of the Doctor's past companions, which will explain the coincidences between her birth and death dates, matching up with pivotal dates in the history of Doctor Who.

I'm sure I'm way off the mark too, but like madman, I trust the moff to pull off something special tonight. (perhaps a 5 photons????)

May 19, 2013 at 1:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

I hope your prediction about the return of the Time Lords is correct.  happy

Of course when talking about Time Lords, don't forget The Master.

In my opinion a regenerated Master would liven up Season 8.  thumbs up

--

May 19, 2013 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

Love every minute of it !   applause

The Name of The Doctor gets 5 out of 5 Photons:  8)8)8)8)8)

Roll on the 50th Anniversary special.

--

May 19, 2013 at 6:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Patch
Administrator

What the heck? What just happened?

--

May 19, 2013 at 6:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SonicR
Administrator

Patch at May 19, 2013 at 6:22 AM

A fantastic episode just happened!!!!

Best pre-credits sequence and cliffhanger in Doctor Who history!!

--

SonicR - sticking up for Matt Smith, Steven Moffat and the current production team!

May 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Photon

Patch at May 19, 2013 at 6:22 AM

(1) We found out how Clara has appeared at different times in different places.

(2) We've been introduced to the alternative version of The Doctor,

the man he might have been if he hadn't chosen to be The Doctor.   surprise

--

May 19, 2013 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ducktr who?

I'm confused. But a very happy confused.

Hard to find fault with this episode. The explanation to Clara, and The Doctor's secret were fantastic.

5 out of 5 for me too.

May 19, 2013 at 6:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sm
Site Owner

Well, not quite as Madman said, but still we got to see Gallifrey. And, so many Doctors! (including the surprise one)

May 19, 2013 at 6:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AnnaLyze.

Now every time I light a sparkler I'll think of the dead Doctor and cry.

--

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.

~ Kurt Vonnegut.

May 19, 2013 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ducktr who?

ducktr who? at May 19, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Oh, I like Madman's prediction. Anything to bringh back the Timelords for the 50th, really.

But here's my less well though out prediction.

The Doctor's greatest secret is that he is the leader of the Silence. He brought about the Order, knowing if one day he was foced to reveal his secret they would bring cause Silence to fall. On the other hand I think Clara is a product of The Great Intelligence. Like the nasty Ice lady in the Snowmen, she has been constructed from memories, in this case the memories of the Doctor. This explains why Clara tells the Doctor not just to run but to remember. The Doctor remembering her is critical to her being recreated. I also think that maybe she has been constructed by the GI from the composite memories of the Doctor's past companions, which will explain the coincidences between her birth and death dates, matching up with pivotal dates in the history of Doctor Who.

I'm sure I'm way off the mark too, but like madman, I trust the moff to pull off something special tonight. (perhaps a 5 photons????)

Well at least one of my predictions came true. 5 PHOTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 19, 2013 at 7:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.